Sunday, February 8, 2009

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering..

Today i had my GATE..urrghh..The technical exam for doing post graduate in India.Am not a really reluctant scholar..I like being nerdy..But GATE is too much for me as it demands too much hardwork sloggin stuff..I wrote GATE as my dad , a caring dad like the one in vaaranam aayiram wants his daughters life to reach great heights..Totally reluctant to learn till the end i played the truant game..But unfortunately as it always happens in life i came to know the truth of dad's words when i saw the question ppr.
Feb 1..I finished MAT and was returnin home..Gracy's mssg.."Chk out sun news..All colls indefinitely closed in TN".Then there is a continuous stream of mssgs...Dad calls.."Sudha..this is time 4 u to prep..Come on..U can get into IIT"
Sudha.."Arghhhh..Dad.. IIT is not Raja engineering college"
We had coll leave till feb8..Exactly one week leave..For all GATE aspirants of TN..government had been sooo generous..Yeah but a gift given should be taken na...
First few days of the wk was pretty hectic with proj worries..then bookin tickets 4 going to hyderabad next week..Then well i did have time in the end..I learnt..But learnt selectively..GATE aspirants who happen to come across this blog..One week crash prep at the end even if done dedicated is not enough for GATE.I learnt it from experience.
I didnot revise maths and tat turned out to be a blunder..Left out power systems, power electronics and machines completely!!These subjects are pretty easy..But i didnt have time i the end..And too much of stuffin in facts in one day can make brains wooly..So final day b4 the test i threw out all the bks listened to music and watched TV.
And wat happened in the test hall??I finished the three hr test in one and a half hrs.There is negative markin..So attended only half..Then was lookin around..tappin the desk..Makin the invigilator get suspicious of me!!!!Believe it or not..I found the test highly mentally stimulating..Here are ppl testin wat i have understood learning the past 4 yrs...And tat was interesting inspite of my limited knowledge....

So moral of the story is tat...Non GATE ppl..take GATE as it is worth the challenge.GATE aspirants prepare well and go..U can crack it if u had prepared.

No more regrets..Signin off..Sudha.

5 comments:

  1. There is negative markin..So attended only half..Then was lookin around..tappin the desk..Makin the invigilator get suspicious of me!!!!

    Should we read in between the lines????for some spice? Don't delete this comment sudha.! :P

    IIT is not Raja engineering college Loved this one-liner :D tats what happens when parents think highly of their child's capabilities.Have experienced it myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading between lines some times lead to wrong interpretation gracy.. ;-)
    Yeah very rite.My parents think tat am a whiz kid.. :-(
    Some times well we can live up to their expectation if we try...Those are bitter realities of life..

    ReplyDelete
  3. jus popped in for updates.. add some common chat box yaar..
    btw, take a look @ my valentines day post :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suds,
    When I see people preparing for GATE...I really wish to be like them...which is not a possibility. lolz.

    All that I do is aspire to aspire...quite funny...[Now don't laugh at me]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey rams..Stop talkin like a old lady..I know how much worth u r..U only need tat push..

    ReplyDelete