Saturday, November 21, 2009

Chinese art


Chinese art always enchants me..It is full of symbolism and deeper meaning..I had a chance of getting to know it in the long break after i finished my under graduation when I was going through a book that was bought by my mom few years back..To confess the truth am a very bad artist with a patience in the size of a pea pod.This book however made me sit down and try.Chinese painting involves in lot of technique and brushstrokes..Luckily Ram has a full set of paint brushes and enuf paint that i could at least give a try..
The first painting i tried was a bamboo..Bamboo signifies an up rite gentleman..Tat was the easiest one ..Then i proceeded to trying orchids and chrysanthemums..Tat was fun..
Then other commitments sprung up..So Chinese painting has taken a back seat..Given a chance..Would like to try it again..

1 comment: