Saturday, October 2, 2010

Down the Memory Lane..

Life has changed a lot since childhood.Sometimes we go on reflection mood,put rewind button and go back in time..These are few really vivid memories which i still remember as though it happened yesterday..

*Dad teaching me Gayathri mantra while giving me a bath when i was at LKG.
*Walking with Amma to Karumariamman temple in EllisNagar when i was a kid.
*Visits to Hanuman koil with my paternal grandma and the vadai and tulsi given as prasadam.
*Urging Sakthi autokaran(He used to drop me and my friends at school) to go through puddles which we named as Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean during rainy season.
*Quiz time at dinner with Bournvita cards given by Vasan perippa.
*My 4th std summer holidays when dad used to buy me an ice cream or cool drink everyday.
*Going to swimming class and Future kids with my cousin during summer hols and how we used to wave handkerchief while traveling in bike shouting "Enga kodi parakuthu" and shaking hands with strangers on stopping at signal.
*How i used to get ready to school in my 'Exile period' at perima's house..Perima plaiting my hair ,me having hot dosas and Sambar and talking to granny simultaneously.
*Reading 'The Valley Adventure' at Lakshmi school entrance lobby during lunch break and laughing out loud reading 'Kiki's jokes' making onlookers wonder if I am mad.
*My 13th birthday when parents gave me greeting cards and presents.
*Playing choppu jaamaa with my cousins and steaming idlis in it with Jhansi aiyamma's help..
*The nilla choru with chapaathis and bananas with keerthi and vaanathi on Jhansi aiyammaa's mottai maadi.
*When keerthi and i had to eat one full bowl of chicken fried rice in the chinese restaurant that wen went out with Pandichelvam maama..
*When i got first rank for the first time in Seventh Std and the watch i got from my parents.
*The secret garden in which Rams,Nakhs and me had a fancy and the tomato plant that we grew there.
*Watching Smurfs,Flintstones,Scoobydoo,Captain planet and Jetsons in cartoon network with Ram.
*Giving elephant rides & upumuttais and climbing the loft with Ram..I still remember him calling "Poppy..poppy..enga iruka" and searching for me when we used to play the hide and seek game when he was barely a year old..I would have hid inside the washing machine!!!!
*How my little bro used to turn chairs upside down drag the vacuum cleaner and with tumblers fixed in his fist play the role of 'SwatCats'.
*My 'cabin' room with the one table two beds and two cupboards in the pankajam colony house which i had all through my high school..I still remember the evening sunlight streaming through the window making me feel that this is the 'Bestest' room a girl can ever get..

I do not wish to go back in time..But when these memories flood into my eyes a drop of tear falls through the edge..Am grateful that i had a wonderful childhood!!!

6 comments:

  1. You've had a life of a star in your childhood.
    Glad I shared a few moments of yours.
    Can't wait to see you this Diwali.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "....Am grateful that i had a wonderful childhood!!!"
    You still are having dear...:-)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to read about these memories. Memories sustain life at its most sincere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Ramya Hmm..thanks rams..
    @ Lallu akka...Yeah..u rite..
    @Anil..Thank u..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its our sheer joy seeing u grow up... :-)- mom & dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always luv u mom and dad..Sudha and Ramki..:-)

    ReplyDelete