Sunday, December 19, 2010

Battling the cold

Its darn cold here.In Rajastan and Haryana its minus 4 degree..Che is not tat bad but wishing tat we have room heaters in Che just like North America or Europe..Atleast a hot water bottle..Ironically cold is considered to be good..It told so in religion too..Christmas-the season of happiness is when the temperature dips to the lowest.Also for the Hindus this is the auspicious month of Margazhi and those who are religious get up as early as 3:30. Even now in Che there are orthodox people who get up tat early and sing in the streets the praises of the lord..

Yaar ena panaalum sari..I prefer curling up tight in my bed til the bell rings in my head to get ready to coll..I prefer sipping the hot coffee tat my room mate makes..I frequent tat canteen which serves previous day sambar for that hot pongal..I would love hanging a Christmas star home though i will be snuggled and fast asleep on Christmas eve..Filled with the warmth and love of friends in this cold season..Sipping a cup of hot water and signing off..SudhA :)

1 comment: